martes, 18 de febrero de 2020

Reading Habits


At the present time, reading habits have changed in a deep way. When I was a child, the only way to keep in touch to new releases was the bookshop or the library in our town. Nowadays, technologies make easier this access and also, they have altered the way we read, places and moments.

If we analyse these photos, we realise that times have changed. Bookshops, which are not only a place to be quiet and read books, have become in a multi-purpose place, we can talk about literature, have a coffee or listen conferences and talks. People enjoy reading there, and I suppose that they choose books themselves.

Pictures 2 and 3 are related to my childhood; we have a little library at home, my mom and my granny read a lot, and this is the best influence I can have. Actually, I started reading sci-fi book, thrillers and fantasy novels in English when I bought an e-reader eight years ago, and this is the kind of literature I usually read. Moreover, I love reading comics and manga in both languages, Spanish and English, so every night a take a book and enjoy getting into “new worlds”.

At school, we have to take into account topics related to our students’ interests and not forcing them to read books, but motivating them using resources and ICT tools.

As English teachers, we have to promote reading habits, using reading skill in a motivating mode, and it will help us not only to improve our English level and but also love Reading. 

Resultado de imagen de reading habits pictures

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario